As promised, I'm sharing some favorite photos of 2017 here with you today. It's mostly still lifes, tea scenes, and photos of my cat Lucy, but I'm assuming that's what you came here for? And while we're here I thought I'd share some personal accomplishments too, as well as my resolutions for 2018. This was a year of more successes than failures (though mistakes were made) and that's what I'll be celebrating on New Year's Eve. Thank you for your support this year - so much more to come.
- I quit smoking. January 3rd marks seven months since my final cigarette after ten years of smoking habitually.
- I completed my 365 daily drawing project. In the end it made drawing tedious and made me feel very constricted. Instead, I'm going to focus on working in my little home studio each day, whether making art or just tidying up or organizing my thoughts. It's all work.
- I completed my first year of art school. I started school Fall 2016 and completed my first year back this May.
Favorite things of 2017:
- These jeans. I probably wear mine every other day.
- This tea. Lauren makes my favorite teas. You should try them all. This one in particular is my go-to tea for anxiety relief.
- These chocolate bars. If you're a lover of SUPER dark chocolate, you'll be in heaven. My favorites are the original Extra Dark and the Salted Almond.
- These paint brushes and blenders. This is my favorite place to purchase brushes. No contest. I've yet to find better quality brushes at this price point. Plus, they have PAGES of sets for you to browse, many of which were chosen by the artists who use the sets in their own work.
- This camera lens. Having used my little 50mm lens since purchasing my camera, I was so ready for an upgrade this year. I saved up for this lens and it is everything I wanted and more. Highly recommended.
- The YouTube channel, The Worst Taste, is a gold mine for chill music I love. You're welcome.
- The Atlas Obscura newsletter is everything to me. Do yourself a favorite and subscribe on their website. You will receive the most wonderful and strange articles in your inbox every day.
My New Year resolutions for 2018:
- Make more paintings.
- Work in my home studio every day.
- Better familiarize myself with contemporary artists and their work.
- Commit to a daily meditation practice.
- Practice yoga at least three times a week. Going out for yoga is not my thing so I use Yoga With Adriene in my home practice.
- Read 30 books. Last year my goal was 25 books and I only accomplished it because I read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series on a deranged whim. Whether or not my choices will improve with the new year remains to be seen. Still, 30 books!
Happy New Year!